Many individuals have for so long regarded painting to be a burden for them. Maybe, this is because they have wrongly been working on it all along. As such, change the approach and techniques you use for you to experience the difference.
Paint mixing ratio
One primary rule for interior painting is 60/30/10. With this ratio, you are sure of coming up with a balanced color match for your home. The dominant color covers approximately 60%, with the remaining 40% covering other areas in the home. With this color ratio combination, you can comfortably paint your home interior from scratch.
Loading your paintbrush
Professional and expert from reputable companies give the impression that many people consistently overlook the necessary steps of loading roller brushes. Do not economize on the amount of paint you initially put on your roller brush. Immediately after pouring paint into a tray, generously roll your brush into the paint followed by the bumpy area many times. By so doing, you would properly soak paint into the roller, giving you a substantial roll on the wall. In addition to this, only dip bristle brushes in the paint to a depth of a half or a third to avoid fraying bristles with excessive paint.
Painting in distinct patterns
Do not stain from one end to the other with one single stroke. First, use a highly paint saturated roller, rolling in a two by two section of the wall. The pattern you decide to choose entirely depends on your preference, be it V-Shape, X-Shape or Z-Shape patterns while spreading to cover the whole area. After this process, roll one more stroke from one end to the other just to give a smooth finish. Under no circumstances should you move from one point while doing this as it is wrong. After the completion of one section, move on to the next one.
Maintain a wet edge
One most important point to ideal painting is to retain a wet edge for every area. Plan the sequence and steps to use, and keep up to the pace to avoid drying of paint. Stopping at any point gives the paint time to dry off, bringing about overlaps when repainted. If you need to pause for a particular reason, keep your roller brush in a Ziploc or garbage bag and refrigerate it. Ten minutes before your commencement time, remove the roller and it would be ready for reuse.
Store any remaining paint
After the completion of this task, always preserve any remaining paint in case of any future touch ups or the need arises to paint other walls and rooms. For an optimal lifespan, store paint in slightly warm temperatures according to the highlights on the color label. The value varies from one color to the other.
Ensure you tightly close the lid before storage. Even as you store it, leave it in an upside down manner just to prevent air from finding its way into the tin.
If you want to paint many rooms for a lifetime, purchase a roller extension pole to help you reach the not so easy to reach places like corners, for an efficient outcome.Read More